Bicycle storage

cruisin

I have a really hard time transporting my bikes to and from places when I'm driving the car. Anyone have any bike rack? What kind and can you put them on a car?

coup

There are all different kinds of bike rakes. It really depends what you want you want. Some bike racks will require you to take a wheel off and others will not. You can get bike racks for the front or back of your car and can also get ones that can go on the top.

Ticking

If I had to, I'd put my rack on the top of the car. It would just be my luck that I would put a rack on the rear, then get rear-ended.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
They make a really neat bike rack that fits the in the bed of a truck, but you do not have a truck. I use a rear back rack on the wife's SUV. I was worried about being rear-ended, but on the roof I would hit more tree's and is more of a pain to get on top of the vehicle.

Danny_123

I think you would only want a roof rack if you have a car. Other wise you would not be able to get through drive through or even under low bridges. I suppose what you gets depends on how many bikes you need to haul and what kind of vehicle you drive.

JeepersCreepers

There are lots of options as everyone said. I feel safest with the rear mounted trunk rack but if you need to access the trunk you need to remove it which is sometimes a pain.