Car number plates

Brent

How important are the car number plates for you? I notice that some car owners are willing to spend a lot of money to register personalized car number plates.

lauren

I have had some random ones before that fit me well even for only part of the number, but not always. I actually know someone who has the letters K F U in their plate and its not in the order I just listed.

LDDriver

It would be nice but it already costs enough to register the car. I can't see spending extra money for a plate with special numbers.

cruisin

I'm not spending more money to get a custom license plate. I do have to laugh at some of them that I see though. Sometimes I am trying to figure them out instead of watching the road.

Trucker12

No thanks! I would not be willing to spend what they want for those pimped out plates either. I'm happy with my regular plates. I mean my car says enough about me, I don't need the plates to say it too.

Testdriving

Well, this thread reminds me of an episode of Candid Camera, where some car owners "accidentally" get plate numbers which sound stupid or even embarrassing. I couldn't imagine if I got such a number.

Rockett

They also call them vanity plates. I think the term fits them well. I'd rather just buy a bumper sticker to say what I want to say, it's a lot cheaper.

Brent

That's a smart idea, Rockett. I think it is only for those have too much money to spend. I would rather spend the money to improve my car's performance and appearance.

lauren

I think I am just not that vain, not saying everyone that has them is vain of course but there is a difference between something cute like "soccer mom" on the van or the guy who has the plate "I am gods".

philio

This would be a novelty but I do not think I would want one. What if someone with road rage can remember my plate number because it is to easy to remember?? Maybe I am being paranoid.

Brent

That's a good point. You maybe just paranoid and maybe not. With this depressing economic situation and ever changing climate, everything can happen especially on the road. It's better safe than sorry.