GPS accuracy

Rockett

How many of you are getting frustrated with the lack or accuracy, or as I like to call it, wrong directions, that a lot of GPS units seem to be giving out these days?:mmph:

philio

I do not know if my GPS gives wrong information. It is more like it gives the worst directions. There are often much better and quicker routes that I could have taken.

beniebear

Maybe you guys just have the wrong GPS. I just got my first one about a month ago and so far it has given me spot on directions that I could not complain about.

JeepersCreepers

Oh you mean you don't like getting halfway down a road that the GPS says goes all the way through only to find out it doesn't so you have to turn around and figure out where the road picks up again?

Trucker12

Been there and done that! I love it when all of a sudden you are not anywhere on the GPS and it is trying to figure out where you are. I find them to be annoying most days!

DogGuy

I don't have one yet so I can't complain. I have been looking at them though. But we really don't travel that much that we would need one. We have used maps for years though and we are used to doing that so I'm not sure we can justify the cost.

hotrod

Been there and done that! I love it when all of a sudden you are not anywhere on the GPS and it is trying to figure out where you are. I find them to be annoying most days!
I love that too! I was driving through the MTA the other day on a road and it kept telling me I was not on a road at all! It is quite funny sometimes.

tuner

I use the GPS that comes with my cell phone and it's been working just fine for me when I use it...though it isn't that often, admittedly. My sister has a great story about being led to the middle of a bridge by her GPS when trying to get to a hotel - she called the hotel, told them she was using GPS, and they asked "are you on a bridge? Happens all the time..." Wow!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I use Garmin's. My truck has one built into the radio, and a portable one for the wife. I have only come across one issue, which a friend lives in a new neighborhood, and does not have the streets in the unit. So it brings me the wrong way and then tells me to go off road through the houses.

redwing

I have a pretty good GPS. My 9 year old son likes to play GPS. He is the GPS and I have top program him where to go. Then he gives me all of the directions. Can be very fun and a learning experience although we do not always end up at the destination!

beniebear

Redwing, that is a really neat game you play with your son! That is such a great age to start teaching something like that. By the time he is ready to learn to drive he will have quite a bit of road knowledge under his belt. All I hear from my kids is, "Are we there yet?" like the car is some sort of magic time machine.