Heat stuck on!

hotrod

I have a 95 Bonneville supercharger and my heat is stuck on. This is only a problem because it is 100 degrees outside! I thought that the air conditioning relay had blown so I changed it out and it worked for about a day. What are the other things that could cause the AC to be blowing hot air?

lauren

Is it just locked on the "on" position that you can tell from the knob or is it something a little deeper than that? I have never had this issue myself but I remember hearing stories than my ex did and I am not sure how it was fixed.

redwing

Easy Fix

This can actually be an easy fix as far as price goes. You can just refill the grease. You can get to it by removing the kick plate under the glove box.

cruisin

Grease? Why to un-stick it? You might need to take it all apart and see why it's stuck. I had a car that the coil wouldn't move, it got stuck so I couldn't take it off defrost. Could it be something like that?

coup

I think.

He must be talking about the actuator. They use an special lube for the gears and for the shaft. I think sometimes the heat gets tuck on because two mated gears are out of alignment.

philio

Well the heat being stuck on won't be a problem if the weather turns. I can imagine in 90 + degree whether it might be a bit of a hassle. Let us know if you get it fixed!

hotrod

Where would I put grease? I think it is the actuator but the dash has to be disassembled to get to that. I wish the weather would turn, then I wouldn't be hot every day!

redwing

Ok wait, one important question before you can really dig in to this. Is this a duel temperature control system or single. Because a dual will actually have a 2nd actuator.

hotrod

Gosh I have no idea! Is that something that would be in the owners manual or that I could find online? Or is it maybe something I could easily locate without taking it to a shop?

coup

Check the manual

You could just check the owners manual or you could look it up online I suppose. You would not want to get in there and find there are two actuators and not know which one to fix.