How in the world?

JeepersCreepers

I was cleaning my car out the other day and found a piece of chewed up gum on the floor mashed into the carpet. how in the world do I get it off without ruining my carpeting?

fiat500

Try vinegar. I read a book called 1001 Ways to use Vinegar and it says vinegar is also a good stain remover for carpet and it won't fade or mess up the color. I also found online that if you microwave the vinegar it will work even faster.

breakpad

Air

Do you know those cans of air you can buy to clean electronics. You can get a bottle of that, hold it upside down, and spray it right on to the gum. It will freeze it and you can peel it off.

cruisin

I've never had any luck with gum, usually I try to freeze it and then pull it off. Most times I ended up cutting it out. I know not what you wanted to hear right? What a mess.

Brent

Thanks Fiat for the info about the use of vinegar, I wish I had the book. Anyway, can you use alcohol to remove the gum? My friend told me about that but I have never tried it myself.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I use to freeze it,and it would usually come off that way. It takes a while though.

philio

I think chewing gum should be illegal. My kids have been going trough this phase and now I have had to ban it completely. Kids, chewing gum, and cars are just a bad idea to start with.