Messed up door lock

Kohn

I have a Honda City with manual door locks. It has one of those push-pull things that protrude beside the sliding glass.

My niece turned and turned the plastic protrusion until the metal lever that's attached to it fell off inside. I could no longer lock that door because of that.

Would you refer this kind of thing to the car service center? Or would you bring this to a shop?

Benny

Have you tried taking the inside of the door off to have a look yourself? It may be something you could fix yourself if you do. But if you don't want to tackle it, take it to a body shop. They would be most likely to be able to fix it without messing up your door.

Andy C

I'd either go to a body shop or someone who deals with locks all of the time. You could get a mechanic to do it but it would be more costly than necessary. If you find someone who specializes in car locking systems that would be even better.

Kohn

Thanks Benny and AndyC! A friend has recommended a shop to me. We'll see how this works out. Now I see why manufacturers have moved the lock from the edge near the glass to the side :)