Shiny without wax

cruisin

I hate to wax my vehicles, I hate the feel of it. Is there a way to get your car shiny without waxing it all the time? Doesn't wax actually hurt the paint if you are constantly waxing it?

coup

There was a fellow who was using Pedialyte instead of wax. Yes the children's electrolyte drink. He said it kept his car shiny. It was all good until the CDC tracked him down and to investigate why there was so much Pedialyte sold in the area.

beniebear

I did not know that wax could actually hurt the car. I would like to know more about that. Coup, haha, is that serious? Some people do the strangest things. Wouldn't washing a car with Pedialyte cost a lot of money?

sandis

Most times when people wax and hurt their auto its because they are not waxing the proper way to start with. :)

I never mind it much when I have the time or when the weather plays nice, but lately with Earl its been nutty.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
If you wax it too often, like every week, or even once a month, it can lead to a build up of wax. Now different types of wax will last different lengths of time. Some things will effect the length, such as weather. Personally, if you want something to last as long as six months between waxing, I would go with Poorboy's World EX-P Pure Sealant. I loved that stuff when I had my silver mustang. It really works great on lighter colors, but can be used on any color. I just prefer a wet look on darker colors, where light colors I go for more of a shine.

sandis

I have heard a little about poorboys but never tried anything. I am not too fond of the wax/rinse/repeat either, I would much rather pay someone for it really if I can get away with it.