All my cars are retired!

hotrod

My very first car was a Pontiac 600 which they quit making shortly after I got it. My second car was a Ford Tempo which I bought in the last model year. After an accident, I got a Pontiac Grand Prix and now the entire Pontiac line has been retired! The two I have now are a Blazer that got retired for the Trail Blazer and another Pontiac, this one a Bonneville. What about your cars? Any of them retired models?

Last edited:

coup

I only have one car but thinking back over all of the cars I have owned... I do not think that I have ever had one that was retired. Is it difficult to find parts for them?

cruisin

Oh no... what does that mean about your choice of vehicles? Kidding of course. I don't think I've had any that are retired yet. Can you still get parts for your current vehicle?

JeepersCreepers

I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to find parts. Having worked in a plant that supplied the auto industry we were forced to keep enough parts on hand for each model year to replace all parts on all vehicles made that year. It got crazy for storage.

hotrod

Yes we can still get parts but they get more expensive because they are rarer. On the upside a lot of parts can be had at the junk yard!

Ticking

I've never had a retired car. Actually, I've only heard that term applied to parts of cars, not the cars themselves. I guess I've been living under a rock.