Drive in?

hotrod

I haven't been to the drive in in ages, probably since I was about 6, but I went with some friends recently and it was not as fun as I remember. We had to use the car radio to pick up the sound of the movie and it was so uncomfortable trying to watch a double feature in the car. Granted we could probably have sat outside the car but we didn't think to bring lawn chairs or anything. Have you been to one lately?

coup

I went twice last year. We had such a blast. Of course we have a mini van and the back seat folds down. We pull in backward so we can lay down while we watch. We also take some chairs to sit around the tailgate.

beniebear

I think if you have a van or a truck drive ins can be fun. With a car I think the max number of people you want is two and those to should be very close or romantically involved.

hotrod

I think if any of us would have even thought about it we would have taken the truck so we could sit in the back and lay down or we would have brought lawn chairs. It was fun but not very comfy.

coup

Good idea

Yeah, if you take the truck then put something nice and comfy in the bed to sit or lay on and bring lawn chairs. I think you will enjoy it a lot more if you solve the comfort issue.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The only one I know of in my area was torn down in the 90's to put in another Home Depot. As much as I love home depot, there are three within 10 miles of my house. And they put in a small one with not much product in it.

sandis

Sadly there are no more in my area but I wish I could be able to take the kiddies to it just to watch even an older movie, so they could experience the fun of it. The visits from those selling goodies, etc.

Ticking

I went to one about 6 years ago with my then girlfriend, now wife. It was the first time I'd ever been to a drive in movie. It was great.