Leak Around Back Window

Benny

I have a small leak around my back window and it's driving me nuts. I've tried siliconing all around the window without it helping anything. Am I going to have to take the darned window out and reseat it? I really don't want to if I don't have to.

YellerRacer

Hmm, are you sure that you've siliconed it really well and that it is the back window? Even taking it out and resetting it might not solve the problem, as I've seen many replacement windows leak.

Andy C

Have you tried to look under the trim, if there is any around the window? I had an older car that had chrome colored trim around the back glass and I had the same trouble. I took off the trim to reseat the window and I found out that there was a rust spot that had rusted through and was leaking. It sure looked like it was the back glass but it wasn't.

AllenWrench

I wouldn't do that until you test it with a water hose. Have someone get in the back seat and then use a water hose just around the window and have them watch when it leaks. Then try to seal that spot. Water can travel quite a way so the leak doesn't always happen where the water leaks from.