Radar

sandis

I am thinking about putting one back in and mostly its not so much for speeding and avoiding a ticket but more for the fact that my ears are slowly getting old and hearing is an issue. The other day an ambulance went by and I barely heard it. Anyone know the best kind to get, mines kinda old.

sharky

I like the Bel Vector 995. I have made that a link so you can go take a look at it if you want. I find some detectors do not live up to their claims but I believe that this one does.

cruisin

Radars can tell you when something is coming? I thought they just told you where cop cars were? I must be thinking of the wrong thing.

sandis

The one I have and I forget the name right now, does for all emergency vehicles, not just the coppers. The biggest issue I have is that right now the one I have is not being so nice, it used to be easy to hide the cord but now I can not remember how I had it setup.

daddysmonkey

Are radars illegal in some states/counties? I was always under the impression that cops in the least weren't too fond of them. I see your point about being able to hear them, though. Don't tell a cop that's your reason - they might decide you're too hard-of-hearing to drive!

Brent

Don't tell a cop that's your reason - they might decide you're too hard-of-hearing to drive!
Wow, that's much worse than getting a ticket. Can your driving license be canceled for that reason? And, what reasons do you recommend for having a radar in your car?