Registration

fastcarsrule

I am so annoyed with the cost of registering a vehicle. I have to pay $105 this Friday to the state for a little 1 in square sticker to keep my truck legal. I think this is ridiculous. Anybody else get frustrated with the cost to drive?

chevygirl

Yes

I had to pay $125 for my tags a few months ago. I hate having to pay that much. With the cost of insurance, repairs, and gas, this cost is just unecessary. It costs so much to drive these days, I'm thinking about getting a bike.

fastcarsrule

Seriously! I can't believe it costs so much. I went and handed over my hard earned money today. At least I didn't have to wait in a 2 hour line today!

carl

It's a big annoyance, I agree, but I just chalk it up to the cost of living. The bad part is, I don't even know WHY it costs so much.

fastcarsrule

That is what I would like to know! Although my town has recently began resurfacing all the roads which is nice considering my state probably has the worst roads in America. So maybe the money really is going for it's intended purpose. :shocked:

Mustang37

I have to pay to get my car inspected every year, I believe it is $22-$25 (hubby takes it). We also have to pay $50ish every 2 years for the registration. So it's not as bad it seems. How often are you paying that?

junker

You're paying the Department of Transportation in whatever state you're living in. That money you're paying for registration should be going for the upkeep of state roads, among other things.

Mustang37

She said the roads are terrible though. I know we pay tolls on the toll roads for the upkeep of our roads. Part of our tax dollars go to our town to fix our roads.

cruisin

We don't pay that much either! We have to have our vehicle inspected each year but we don't have to pay such a high registration fee either. Yeah they say the money goes to the roads!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
They doubled here recently. It is not uncommon to hear about people paying $200+ for registration. They are now also going by how much weight your vehicle can carry, instead of factory weight.

JeepersCreepers

Well that just stinks! I know my state goes by weight so I pay a pretty penny. We have to pay every year too. I think they should have to send out a detailed description of where the money goes because I for one would like to know!

Jeepster

I had to pay $75 for the Jeep. Down here in the south they say the money goes to help finance the schools. And you can't get the high mileage discount until the odometer reaches 200,00 miles.

hotrod

Wow that stinks it would take me forever to hit that 200,000 miles! I have had my current vehicle for about 6 years and still haven't put 100,000 on it! It had 60,000 ion it when I bought it and it is only at 130,000 now.