Spray-On Liner in Trunk?

tuner

The inside of my car trunk is simply the bare metal; the carpeting was ditched long ago by a previous owner, as far as I can tell. I've painted it, but the paint obviously gets scratched and dinged as I toss things in and yank them out. What do you think the chances are that I could use spray-on truckbed liner in there?

philio

You could do that if you wanted to. I like the plastic liners because they are not easy to damage. Spray on liners do not last as long but they are cheaper and better than nothing.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Are you talking about Rhino or Line-x. You can have it done, and they do last a long time. They even do simple colors now if you want to pay more. I've seen pictures of people doing their whole vehicle, and some of people doing their interior in Rhino/Line-X.

tuner

Man, I couldn't imagine doing my whole vehicle; that sounds like overkill! I was thinking of Rhino, though if Line-X has comparable pricing I might consider them. It's also a matter of finding someone to do it in my area. Thanks for the input, guys!

Mario

I think the spray-on truck liner would be a very creative solution to your trunk situation. You could probably go to an upholsterer who works on auto interiors and get it carpeted for very little if you wanted to.

Alexus

My ex used to work for Rhino. I have actually seen a lot of rust damage that occurs under a plastic liner, when the moisture accumulates underneath - it was so bad in some, that there were actual holes caused by the rust! The spray-on bed liner is costly, but if you can afford it, I would say you should go for it!

Benny

I really like that. It gives it some texture and would definitely help with maintenance of the finish. You'd never have to wax that finish. I wonder if my wife would let me do our car?