Test driving luxurious cars

Testdriving

What is the most luxurious and expensive car you have ever test driven? How did it feel? I would never test drive a car unless I intended to buy it and could afford the price.

Last edited:

moxilli

I have never done it. I always think about how awful it would be to test drive a sports car and wreck it. I mean who pays for that? Do they charge you for the car? Does your insurance company have to pay?

lauren

I have the same feeling as moxilli does on this one, another issue is most of the times I was given the chance there was always a hold up. I remember the first time would have been some crazy trade in vette type but when I was a teen, with a broken leg - go figure my luck.

hotrod

I have never test driven a car I couldn't afford to buy because I didn't want to get the high pressure sales pitch when I tried to say no. It would be fun though if you wantedd to deal with that.

rolling

The idea is exhilarating already. Being a slow thinker, I would jumped right in. But reading your replies made me realize it's not wise to do it really. I have always been a fan of luxurious and vintage cars and I used to take photos with them whenever I see them on display in the malls. :love:

Fanbelt

I have never test driven a car I couldn't afford to buy because I didn't want to get the high pressure sales pitch when I tried to say no. It would be fun though if you wanted to deal with that.
I am with you on this. It's always difficult for me to say "no", especially to those sweet and smooth-talking sales persons. Anyway, I have the same questions as Moxilli has.

moxilli

I know right? Imagine going home and trying to tell the wife I had to buy a sports car and then trying to explain we do not even get the car because I already wrecked it. No she would not be happy at all.