Toddler crawls on to highway!

hotrod

I just saw a newscast on CNN about a toddler crawling on to a busy highway after being left napping outside. Oh my goodness, how do you walk away from your child outside even if he is sleeping? Thankfully he was spotted by a truck driver and escaped unharmed but still! How crazy.

sharky

That is pretty crazy. That is why I chose not to live near any busy roads. Take your eyes off them for a moment and they can get away from you. I am glad that there was someone who was able to prevent a terrible situation.

Ticking

What do you suppose was going through that truck drivers mind when he saw that baby? I'll bet that really messed with his day. I know it would mine? I'm glad the little tyke is O.K.

sandis

I think this is the news piece you were mentioning, I never heard anything about it until today when a friend had called to chit chat and mentioned it.

I am shocked that people end up still doing things like this. One person I know complained when his toddler woke up in the middle of the night and opened the fridge playing with all of the condiments on the floor making a mess, I could never imagine a child getting onto a freeway/highway type.

fiat500

This is similar to a video clip I saw not long ago. The driver thought it was a dog or a puppy. Good thing he was alert and not texting. Oh dear, I can't imagine. Anyway, apparently the baby crawled outside the house without being spotted. I'm sure the parents didn't want it to happen. The shocked father run to pick up the baby without even thanking the driver. I think he got too scared to see his baby in the middle of the road with the truck just a few feet away.

Last edited:

hotrod

Thanks Sandis that was indeed the piece I was referring to. I cannot imagine leaving my baby sleeping outside and not making sure he was either in a playpen he couldn't get out of or I had my eye on him the whole time.