Trailer races

JeepersCreepers

I went to the races yesterday and they had trailer races. This involved cars, trucks, and minivans hauling boat trailers and driving fast in a figure 8! It was crazy and I have never seen so much destruction in my life! Has anyone ever been to these before? They also had a school bus figure 8 race where 2 buses hit each other and 1 ended up flipping on it's side.

Rockett

Trailer races is a new one on me. It sounds like you were at the county fair? I've been to the smash-em-up derby's and they're a blast!!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard of them, but never seen them. I would love to go. There was another type of race similar to that, which I would love to see also. I cannot remember what it was though.

redwing

Geeze, that doesn't sound very safe but it does sound very exciting. I hope they keep the spectators nice and far away. I have never been to one but I would go!

Brent

That's new to me and that sounds crazy. I cannot imagine how the heavy duty vehicles race, running at their highest speed. Just stay far from the race track.

Trucker12

Seriously? I've never heard of this either but I think it would be a riot to watch. I bet the trailers were hitting each other and flipping weren't they?
I've seen a lot of races but nothing like this.

sandis

I wonder if you would be able to have some side bets going on to see who wins? Sounds kind of fun to watch but I am not sure about doing it myself.

JeepersCreepers

It wasn't at the fair but the local speedway, the call it the Eve of Destruction and they have everything from the trailer and bus races to car towing races and car pushing races. It was crazy. They had debris flying everywhere but we all had a blast!

hotrod

Wow that does sound like it would be interesting to watch! I might have to see if there are any of those near me. I wonder where I would even start to look?