What do you have in your basic toolkit?

sparky

I don't have a huge amount of stuff in my toolkit, a couple of spanners so I can remove the battery and a couple of screwdrivers for tightening stuff and popping out bulbs.

Top Gear

I keep it to a minimum to keep the weight down but I always have tape, spare fan belts, jumper cables and a torch/flashlight. Last isn't really a tool, I know, but it helps to keep it there :)

mobilityuser4

I basically have the generic walmart car toolkit. It has served me fine except for a few cases where I wish I had other tools. I also keep a quart of oil and antifreeze and an empty gas can handy.

carl

My toolkit is in my trunk. Jacks, spare, jumper cables, ratchet set, screwdrivers, etc... I live in a small country town with no services, so car maintenance is priority #1.

fastcarsrule

My toolkit is sadly lacking. I have jumper cables, an adjustable wrench, a flashlight and a jack. The jack came with my truck so it isn't even a really good one.

junker

Whatever could go wrong that I can fix myself on the spot, I have a tool for it. All of my vehicles have the same kit in them. Even the one that runs only as a backup.

Jeepster

I have cables and the wimpy jack that came with the car. I see I'm missing a torchlight and screwdriver and an extra fan belt. Are there special tools I'm missing for a 4wd?

Top Gear

Hmmm, now I am developing toolkit envy :smile:. Browsing the web I saw some decent reviews for the Crescent set. Is 148 items going too far for the average person? .

philio

I have all the general things. I am starting to do all my work myself. I did some calculations and decided it would be cheaper for me to buy the tools and do the work myself then it would be to go to a garage.