Who works on your vehicle?

Robert

I am lucky because my brother is a mechanic. He does most of the work on my vehicle. I just buy the parts and he charges me very little.

Who works on your vehicles?

motor

I just take my car to one of the local garages and get him to fix it over there. I am quite good friends with him since his garage is small and I have been a large term customer.

Mustang37

My husband and my dad work on my vehicle. When they can't figure it out I take it into the local shop too. I hate to do that though, it's a lot more expensive. You know I don't have to pay the mark-up or the labor when it's my hubby or dad.

chillen

If it is something I can do I will do it, or at least attempt it. I am all for trying new things and if I can save a little at the same time you know, why not?

Aizabeepz

I prefer to repair my own car but only for minor problems like flat tire, on/off lights and electrical problems. Our family business always deals about cars so it's easier for me to learn the basic repairs.

Weezer

I do some and what I don't do my son does for me. It's getting to the point where I can't get up under the van any longer so he does the really dirty jobs for me.

chevygirl

My stepfather usually looks at my car first when something is wrong with it, but he is more inclined to old cars. Sometimes he doesn't know enough about the new engines to fix them properly, so I take them to the nearest garage.

junker

With the exception of major engine or transmission work, I do. If I don't know how to do something, I've got a manual and the internet to show me how to do it.

fastcarsrule

I do most of my regular maintenance work myself. If the repair is something easy like changing fuses or belts I can do it myself. Everything else my dad does for me.

sparky

My uncle is a mechanic so he does the major work on the car. Because of where I live I cannot do oil changes myself as there is no where for the oil to be disposed of.

carl

All the basics I can take care of myself, if it's something specialized, someone in this small, country town can do it for me at a much lower price than an ASE man.