Young drivers

JeepersCreepers

A few days ago my sister was in a car accident as she drove her husband to work. It was raining and a fresh new 16 year old driver was driving too fast and hydroplaned hitting my sister head on. Thankfully nobody was injured but my sister and her family are now without a car because they only had PLPD coverage. The first thing the kid asked was "Was this my fault?" Of course it was! I just think a lot of young drivers think they are invincible and nothing bad will ever happen. What do you think?

lauren

Not all young drivers are aware of the things that can happen on the road, this includes hydroplaning, which I can still remember the first time I did this behind the wheel. I was driving to school when it happened and while I knew what it was and how to properly react, it still freaked me out a tad. Coming down a hill, making a left hand turn (2 streets away from the school) and my option had I not executed it properly, would have been to slam into a pole. :(

cruisin

I don't think it's only young drivers. There are a lot of bad drivers out there that just don't care. I know a lot of young drivers that are very careful and would not have driven too quick at all.

DeerKiller

We had a guy who was drunk and doing 69 in a 45 mile an hour zone hit a couple of older people at the beginning of summer. They were friends and past coworkers of ours. It killed both of them while the drunk hardly got a scratch. They are charging him with manslaughter-two charges now. The man and wife he killed were very beloved in our community.

philio

I can not remember the statistics but it is said that a majority of teens text and drive. As if inexperience and feeling invincible was not enough. As if kids who drink and drive was not enough. Now we have to worry about kids on the road texting and driving.

hotrod

Texting and driving is newly illegal in my state and I think it's a good thing. As if kids aren't distracted easily enough! I am glad that your sister and her husband were unharmed but it really sucks that they are without a car.

JeepersCreepers

Happy news, finally! My sister was able to get a $500 mini torte settlement from the other drivers insurance and found a used car (the same she had before the accident) for $900. Thank goodness they got it all settled.

redwing

Good news

That is good news. I am glad to hear that the other driver was insured and she was able to set things right again. I do hope that young person has learned a lesson from this.